Re: [SOGo] ANN: sogosync - Open Source ActiveSync with caldav and cardav backend

  • From: xbgmsharp < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] ANN: sogosync - Open Source ActiveSync with caldav and cardav backend
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:32:18 +0200

Hello,

On iPhone there is a good native support for cardav/caldav and IMAP.
On Android there is good support with additional application.
However it is not the case of all phone especially the windows phone or blackberry.

ActiveSync is just easier to setup and to provision for enterprise.
It also offer interesting feature for organization.
This is a good overview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Exchange_ActiveSync_clients

So to reply to our question, if you don't need anything ActiveSync specific there is no need for you to use it.

Francois