Re: [SOGo] ANN: sogosync - Open Source ActiveSync with caldav and cardav backend

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Marcio Merlone < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] ANN: sogosync - Open Source ActiveSync with caldav and cardav backend
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:36:41 +0200

Hello Marcio Merlone

On 2012-03-28 20:28, Marcio Merlone wrote:
> Em 28-03-2012 10:01, Christian Mack escreveu:
>>
>> Did you try CalDAV-Sync and CardDAV-Sync?
>> http://dmfs.org/caldav/
>> http://dmfs.org/carddav/
>
> I saw it on Google play, but it's not free and only syncs
> calendar/contacts.

There is a free versions of CardDAV-Sync.
In "CardDAV-Sync free" you have the following restrictions though
(quoting the website):
"There are two versions at the market, a paid one and a free one. The
following features are available in the paid version only:

sync websites
sync organizations
sync notes
sync anniversaries
sync nicknames
sync categories (mapped to groups in Android)
"

For emails you always can use IMAP to sync them. I didn't mention it,
because you don't need any additional software/app in order to use it.

> Active sync is better since you set up only one
> account for both plus email. Much nicer (besides read-only for now,
> looking forward write also).

That's definitely a plus for ActiveSync.

I didn't want to push you away from ActiveSync.
I just wanted to be sure you know the alternatives, which can do two way
synchronisation.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz