Re: [SOGo] Web Performance issue

  • From: Khapare Joshi < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Web Performance issue
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:14:52 +0000

hello all,

I dealt with sogo slow performance earlier - perhaps you can find in the list. I deployed sogo at my work around feb last year and is doing well. Although we have 17000+ users in our cyrus (imap server), only 6000 of those users are now using sogo. This might change very soon when we will enforce everyone to use sogo (goodbye to old sq mail).

With the performance issue with the sogo. I also use imapproxy in between imap server and sogo server. This has certainly help to increase performance at least for me. Also, seach in mailing list as "Sogo Slow performance" - this will give you some idea how to optimize your sogo that we discussed. So what I did is: increase the number of PREFORK to 70(in /etc/sysconfig/sogo) and you need minimum 3 postgres connection per sogod which means:

if you increase prefork to 70 then your postgres connection should be 3*70

This has helped at least for me.

There are probably other technique to optimize sogod but at this time this is good for me:) try doing this and see what happens.

Khapare