Re: [SOGo] Webservers other than Apache

  • From: Ed W < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Webservers other than Apache
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:59:44 +0100

On 28/03/2012 14:44, Lukas Pirl wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to setup SOGo with a web server other than Apache?
Especially I am interested in running SOGo with the Cherokee [1] web
server.

I found a post that said that SOGo relies on mod_ngobjweb [2]. Is it
part of the project philosophy to get SOGo portable for web servers
(and other required technology)?

[1] http://www.cherokee-project.com/
[2] http://mail.opengroupware.org/pipermail/sogo/2007-November/000254.html

I'm not sure if your message is a spam? I'm sure cherokee is great though

Just as a datapoint, I use nginx on nearly all my servers. The install size is literally a couple of hundred KB, memory usage is lower than apache, configuration is sane (to me at least). I'm even using it on an embedded solution that I'm working on right now - install really is quite tiny...

I'm not sure what mod_ngobjweb is, but I can confirm that sogo is running here on nginx.

Good luck

Ed W