Re: [SOGo] Webservers other than Apache

  • From: Federico Alberto Sayd < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Webservers other than Apache
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:45:20 -0300

El 30/03/12 08:57, Покотиленко Константин Александрович escribió:
В Птн, 30/03/2012 в 09:59 +0100, Ed W пишет:
On 28/03/2012 14:44, Lukas Pirl wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to setup SOGo with a web server other than Apache?
Especially I am interested in running SOGo with the Cherokee [1] web
server.

I found a post that said that SOGo relies on mod_ngobjweb [2]. Is it
part of the project philosophy to get SOGo portable for web servers
(and other required technology)?

[1] http://www.cherokee-project.com/
[2] http://mail.opengroupware.org/pipermail/sogo/2007-November/000254.html
I'm not sure if your message is a spam? I'm sure cherokee is great though

Just as a datapoint, I use nginx on nearly all my servers. The install
size is literally a couple of hundred KB, memory usage is lower than
apache, configuration is sane (to me at least). I'm even using it on an
embedded solution that I'm working on right now - install really is
quite tiny...

I'm not sure what mod_ngobjweb is, but I can confirm that sogo is
running here on nginx.
I also run SOGo on nginx. Not as "out of the box" as on apache, but not
difficult. Performance and especially memory footprint is not
comparable.

Hello

I am very interested in nginx. Could you share your nginx-SOGo config?

Thanks