Re: [SOGo] ANN: sogosync - Open Source ActiveSync with caldav and cardav backend

  • From: Heiner Markert < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] ANN: sogosync - Open Source ActiveSync with caldav and cardav backend
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:30:56 +0200

Am Tuesday 27 March 2012 11:01:24 schrieb xbgmsharp:
> SOGo Users,
>
> This is a follow up on from this thread.
> '[SOGo] Why not move from Funambol to Z-Push? Many features will be
> obtained.',
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ /msg08451.html
> even farther from this reply,
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ /msg08828.html,
> on the same
> suject.
>
> I am pleased to announce sogosync, It is an unmodified Z-Push from svn
> upstream (1.5.x branch) with caldav and cardav backend.
>
> So far it is a read-only carddav and caldav and support multiple
> addressbook and calendar.
> I have also made the configuration easier with preconfigure file
> working against http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca.
> 'public' addressbook are skip as they are provide by LDAP Z-push
> backend.
> Email (IMAP) and GAL (Global Address List) support are provide by
> standard Z-push backend.
>
> It has been tested on iOS 5.0.1.
>
> It is Open Source software released under AGPLv3 and host on
> Github.com.
>
> Please feel free to feedback, contribute to the code, sponsor or
> donate.
>
> More on https://github.com/xbgmsharp/sogosync
>
> Kind regards,
> Francois

Hello,

I tried sogosync today with a nokia device with the following results:

E-Mail sync seems to work fine.
Contacts: I never got any contact transferred to the phone. In debug.txt, I
was able to see that the two address books where found by the carddav
backend, but it did never detect any changes to these addressbooks, so
nothing was transferred.
Calendar: Events get transferred to the phone, but only from the personal
calendar -- multiple calendars did not work. In debug.txt, it states that the
exporting calendar was "c/personal", so unfortunately the caldav backend did
not seem to detect my other calendars.
I did not test task synchronisation.

Can anyone give me any hints how I can get contact and multiple calendar sync
working?

Thanks a lot for the work - if it is finished, this is a long awaited
extension to sogo!

Best regards
Heiner