Re: [SOGo] GAL setup in TB 11

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To: "Naor Weissmann (Forthscale)" < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] GAL setup in TB 11
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 14:36:25 +0200

Hello Naor Weissmann

On 2012-05-04 14:17, Naor Weissmann (Forthscale) wrote:

> 04.05.2012, 15:15, "Christian Mack"
> < >:
>> Hello Naor
>>
>> On 2012-05-03 15:41,
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> i`m trying to setup global address list in Thunderbird but i`m missing a
>>> Dav
>>> url.
>>> Have SOGo-1.3.14 with private address book url as:
>>> https://sogo.server.com/SOGo/dav/user/Contacts/personal/
>>
>> In order to get the UID of an address book, you have to open an address
>> card from this address book.
>> In the URL of this address card you see the needed UID of the address
>> book after "/Contacts/".
>> Then just replace "personal" with the before found UID.
>>
>> Example
>> Address card URL:
>> https://sogo.server.com/SOGo/so/userID/Contacts/unikn_users/raghzz0072/edit
>>
>> UID of the address book:
>> unikn_users
>>
>> DAV URL:
>> https://sogo.server.com/SOGo/dav/user/Contacts/unikn_users/
>>
>> But be aware, that enterprise address books (the ones coming from LDAP)
>> are not supported yet in SOGo Connector, as they don't allow complete
>> download of addresses. They are just searchable with a limited resultset.
>>

> we are using sql - will it have same limitations?
> what would be a good practice for a global address book then for all email
> clients?

Yes, it will have the same limitations.

The rationale behind them are, that you should _not_ synchronize all
addresses to all devices.
E.g. for us this would cause a download of 14 000 addresses!.
Most of them you would never need.

Therefore I think it would be best to wait, till SOGo Connector supports
searching in enterprise address books.

As a work-around you can use a dummy user in SOGo, which has an address
book shared with any authenticated user.
But you have to keep this address book synchron to your LDAP/DB user
base yourself.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz