[SOGo] SOGo mysql, dovecot and postfix using crypt MD5 passwords.

  • From: " " < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo mysql, dovecot and postfix using crypt MD5 passwords.
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:39:20 +0200

Hello list,

I have set up sogo using mysql.
The table is the same as I use for postfix and dovecot.
The password is encoded with crypt MD5.

I set the .GNUstepDefaults to:
    <key>userPasswordAlgorithm</key>
    <string>crypt</string>

This way I can actually login with sogo!

But when I use sogo to change my password (to the same password) things go wrong,
The password gets changed to something shorter.
After this sogo can still login but dovecot cannot!

I used "vloerregel" as password.

In the mysql table the encrypted password first looked like this:

    $1$Zd487u5l$pNZEomZXz.VwPYDMf7HHO.

Both dovecot, and sogo could login!

But after the change via sogo the encrypted password looks lke this:

    75y9rXtiy24yM

The thing is, Sogo can still login using this password!

Apparently sogo can only read the md5 crypt but writes some other format.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or maybe fix this is a next release?

I use SOGo 1.3.14

Thanks,

Hans