Re: [SOGo] SOGo mysql, dovecot and postfix using crypt MD5 passwords.

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo mysql, dovecot and postfix using crypt MD5 passwords.
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:41:51 +0200

Hello Hans G

On 2012-05-14 14:39,

wrote:

> I have set up sogo using mysql.
> The table is the same as I use for postfix and dovecot.
> The password is encoded with crypt MD5.
>
> I set the .GNUstepDefaults to:
> <key>userPasswordAlgorithm</key>
> <string>crypt</string>

Crypt is not equal to MD5!!!!
This will not work.

> This way I can actually login with sogo!

Yes, because the cipher used to encryt is in the password itself.
As long as you don't change one through SOGo this will work.

> But when I use sogo to change my password (to the same password) things
> go wrong,
> The password gets changed to something shorter.
> After this sogo can still login but dovecot cannot!

That is because now you have a "crypt" passwort instead of an "MD5" one.

So you have to change the above setting and reboot sogod.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz