Re: [SOGo] SOGo mysql, dovecot and postfix using crypt MD5 passwords.

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo mysql, dovecot and postfix using crypt MD5 passwords.
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 16:07:40 +0200

Hello Christian,

On Monday, May 14, 2012 15:41 CEST, Christian Mack < > wrote:

" type="cite"> >Crypt is not equal to MD5!!!!
>This will not work.

>> This way I can actually login with sogo!
>>

>Yes, because the cipher used to encryt is in the password itself.
>As long as you don't change one through SOGo this will work.

>> The password gets changed to something shorter.
>> After this sogo can still login but dovecot cannot!

>That is because now you have a "crypt" passwort instead of an "MD5" one.

> So you have to change the above setting and reboot sogod.

But if I change it to

<key>userPasswordAlgorithm</key>
        <string>md5</string>

I cannot login using the dovecot / etc passwd style password.

it does not recognize the md5 password.

So are there any other options to get this working? I still find it weird that that can read but not write the long style md5 password.

Thanks for your time.

Hans