Re: [SOGo] Group setup help

  • From: "Ronald J. Yacketta" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Group setup help
  • Date: 21 May 2012 10:39:52 -0400

On 5/21/2012 9:59 AM, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
On 5/18/2012 4:06 PM, Ludovic Marcotte wrote:
On 18/05/12 08:41, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
objectClass: posixgroup
It could be a string case issue. Try "posixGroup".

No dice, group still not expanded. Only change made was posixgroup to posixGroup, everything else remained the same. wireshark shows the group being returned with posixGroup as an objectClass.

# Test Department, Departments, potsdam.edu
dn: ou=Test Department,ou=Departments,o=potsdam.edu
mail:

gidNumber: 1587
cn: Test Department
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalunit
objectClass: spotdepartment
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: extensibleobject
ou: Test Department
memberUid: fred
memberUid: bob
memberUid: joe

OKay, a bit of a gaff on my end but it is working now!

Searching through the code I notice

in ./SOGo/SoObjects/SOGo/SOGoGroup you search classes (a NSArray) as such
// We check to see if it's a group
classes = [[entry attributeWithName: @"objectClass"] allStringValues];
[classes containsObject: @"posixGroup"])

while in ./SOGo/SoObjects/SOGo/LDAPSource.m
you lower case the LDAP query results before stuffing them into classes (a NSMutableArray)
// We get our objectClass attribute values. We lowercase
// everything for ease of search after.
o = [ldapEntry objectClasses];
[classes replaceObjectAtIndex: i
withObject: [[classes objectAtIndex: i] lowercaseString]];

then do the following
[classes containsObject: @"posixgroup"])

Why the two different methods of finding posix[gG]roup? Would it be more advantageous to search for objectClasses using the same methods?

-Ron