[SOGo] bindAsCurrentUser new background to my question

  • From: Christian Rößner < >
  • To: SOGo SOGo < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] bindAsCurrentUser new background to my question
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 23:38:35 +0200
  • Vbr-info: md=roessner-network-solutions.com; mv=dwl.spamhaus.org; mc=all

Hi,

I had asked for a problem concerning bindAsCurrentUser here a while ago. Now
I have set up a fresh server and I activated bindAsCurrentUser too, to see if
this bug comes up on a new server as well. But everything works as expected.

Now my question:

When I first installed SOGo for myself, I had a special subtree in my
LDAP-DIT:

ou=sogo,ou=it,dc=roessner,dc=de

wher my user where named

uid=croessner,ou=sogo,ou=it,dc=roessner,dc=de
uid=eroessner,ou=sogo,ou=it,dc=roessner,dc=de

We started populating the server with addresses and calendar data, but after
some time I thought by myself that this subtree is duplicate data in my DIT,
as I also have similar objects in

ou=people,ou=it,dc=roessner-net,dc=de

Unfortunately the user objects had different "relative distinguished names"
names. So uid=croessner was called uid=de10000 and uid=eroessner was called
uid=de10008.

To not lose all my data, I added uniqueIdentifier to each objects,
uniqueIdentifier=croessner and uniqueIdentifier=eroessner. And then I tried
to use bindAsCurrentUser to have a chance of changing my password as user
over the web interface.

Here is a part of my own uid=de10000, which shows the facts above:

dn: uid=de10000,ou=people,ou=it,dc=roessner-net,dc=de
rnsMSQuota: 5242880
homePhone: +49 641 5879091
givenName: Christian
objectClass: amavisAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: rnsMSDovecotAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: rnsMSPostfixAccount
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: calEntry
rnsMSEnableDovecot: TRUE
uid: de10000
street: Nahrungsberg 81
rnsMSMailboxHome: /var/mail/virtual/de10000
rnsMSEnablePostfix: TRUE
amavisLocal: TRUE
rnsMSDeliverToAddress:

rnsMSRecipientAddress:

rnsMSRecipientAddress:

amavisSpamKillLevel: 2.4
amavisSpamTag2Level: 2.4
rnsMSDovecotUser:

userPassword:: ************
sn:: UsO2w59uZXI=
l:: R2llw59lbg==
o:: UsO2w59uZXItTmV0d29yay1Tb2x1dGlvbnM=
mail:

cn:: Q2hyaXN0aWFuIFLDtsOfbmVy
facsimileTelephoneNumber: +49 641 33053909
mobile: +49 176 93118939
st: Hessen
labeledURI: http://www.roessner-network-solutions.com/
ou: Administration
postalCode: 35390
uniqueIdentifier: croessner

So you see that the rdn part croessner moved to uniqueIdentifier in this
object still identifying the same old user.

Now my question: Does SOGo use part of the DN to create the SQL-databases or
handle the session stuff? If so that would explain, why I still can use SOGo
with some global admin LDAP user, but not with bindAsCurrentUser. And if so,
is there a chance to rename the tables that this matches again?

I also have backups created by sogo-tool. Are these data useable to purge all
tables and restore from that backup or are even these backups now corrupted?

I really would be happy for some help here, as I fear of creating all my
contacts and calendar information from scratch

Thanks a lot in advance

-Christian Rößner

---
Roessner-Network-Solutions