Re: [SOGo] SOGo 1.3.15 not polling mail

  • From: Francis Lachapelle < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo 1.3.15 not polling mail
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:58:25 -0400

Hi Ronald

On 2012-05-24, at 11:12 AM, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:

> On 5/24/2012 9:07 AM, Francis Lachapelle wrote:
>> Hi Ronald
>>
>> On 2012-05-24, at 8:53 AM, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
>>
>>> I have 2 servers running SOGo configured exactly the same (using the same
>>> LDAP, IMAP and SMTP servers) but separate DB's, one is for internal
>>> testing while the other is a pilot for a group of ~30 people.
>>>
>>> When I access 'Mail' on the dev server e-mail is polled; that is all the
>>> subscribed folders are processed for new mail etc, this can be seen in
>>> the logs while the pilot server (again same configuration minus DB) only
>>> polls the inbox and no other folders unless you click the folder.
>> Is it possible that you have Sieve filters defined on your development
>> server for your account? Since version 1.3.12, we check for new mails in
>> folders for which sieve rules are defined to file messages into.
> Both servers are configure as such in SOGo:
>>
>>> sogod SOGoVacationEnabled NO
>>>
>>> sogod SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled NO
>>>
> The dev server did have sieve enabled about a month ago with valid sieve
> rules for myself. Would this cause the issue I am seeing? If so, should
> SOGo ignore the sieve rules in the DB when SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled is se to
> to NO?

Yes, this can be the cause of the issue, and yes, we should check
SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled. Would you please fill a bug report?

You can look at your Sieve filters (even if SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled is set to
NO) using sogo-tool :

sogo-tool user-preferences get defaults yacketrj SOGoSieveFilters

Thanks,

Francis

--

:: +1.514.755.3640 :: http://www.inverse.ca