Re: [SOGo] General Questions about Sogo

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Cc: "Deeztek.com Support" < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] General Questions about Sogo
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:41:01 +0200

Hello Deeztek.com Support

On 2012-05-28 14:40, Deeztek.com Support wrote:

> 1. Is the mobile client synchronization (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
> push or it scheduled on predefined intervals? In other words does it
> behave like Activesync?

This depends on the Protokoll used to synchronize.
If your IMAP server supports PUSH and your email client too, then you
_can_ use push for it.
CardDAV and CalDAV are only PULL capable in SOGo at the moment (don't
know if there are plans to change this).

Sorry, I don't know Funambol to answer this for it.

There is an ActiveSync port for SOGo named sogosync.
https://github.com/xbgmsharp/sogosync
It's really new and I had no time to test it yet.

But be aware that push needs a permanent connection between your client
and server. That's not what you want for a road warrior with changing
IPs and time based accounting.

> 2. Is there a way to segregate users or groups of users in their own
> instance or similar? In other words, can you setup a group of 5 accounts
> with their own addressbook where they can only see members of their
> group in the organization?

Do you only want an address book for a group or do you mean complete
separate them (e.g. also for autocompletion of emails)?

In order to create an Address book for a group, someone (e.g. a group
member) has to create a new address book in his account and share it
with the others. This can be read only or writable for them.

If you want to completely separate them, you need a multi-domain-setup.
I don't think that the additional configuration effort is reasonable for
5 people, but that decision is up to you.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz