[SOGo] Re: Debian packaging

  • From: Moussa NOMBRÉ < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Re: Debian packaging
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:09:56 -0400

It seems that things are going ahead : http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sogo.html

Thanks Jeroen.

NM

Le 2012-02-06 19:00, Jeroen Dekkers a écrit :
At Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:05:21 -0500,
Fabian Rodriguez wrote:
What is the ETA for Ubuntu packages ? I am a bit disappointed it seems
SOGo will miss the opportunity to be part of the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
release, which would have been great exposure. I see an ITP for Debian
and a brief exchange about Ubuntu packages on the mailing list>1y ago
so I am curious.
That ITP is mine, I've just submitted some of the patches I created
that fixes some issues that would prevent SOGo from getting into
Debian. I've pushed my current work for 1.3.11 to github:
https://github.com/dekkers/sope-debian
https://github.com/dekkers/sogo-debian

I'm using git-buildpackage to build the packages. Things that still
need to be done:

- I've patched SOPE to be able to use GnuTLS, but not SOGo yet. SOGo
is a bit harder because GnuTLS doesn't provide a drop-in replacement
for checking of S/MIME signatures. I don't know how much used this
feature is, disabling the S/MIME signature checking might also be an
option.

- SOGo needs to use /etc for configuration
(http://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1156). I did some experimentation
with GNUstep and SOGo defaults and concluded that it isn't that
hard, but I still need to code and test such a patch.

- We should use debconf to ask where to find the SQL and LDAP
databases.

- A DEP5-complaint (http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5) debian/copyright
file needs to be created.

- The bundled javascript libraries need to be unbundled and the
libraries from the Debian packages need to be used instead.

And there might be more things I'm forgetting and this is just for
SOGo 1.3. For SOGo 2.0 there is even a lot more work to be done. I
currently don't have much time to work on this as I'm too busy with
things that pay the rent or will do so in the future, so any help is
more than welcome.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Dekkers

  • [SOGo] Re: Debian packaging, Moussa NOMBRÉ, 05/29/2012