Re: [SOGo] General Questions about Sogo

  • From: "Deeztek.com Support" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] General Questions about Sogo
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:54:48 -0400

On 5/29/2012 4:41 AM, Christian Mack wrote:
Hello Deeztek.com Support

On 2012-05-28 14:40, Deeztek.com Support wrote:
1. Is the mobile client synchronization (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
push or it scheduled on predefined intervals? In other words does it
behave like Activesync?
This depends on the Protokoll used to synchronize.
If your IMAP server supports PUSH and your email client too, then you
_can_ use push for it.
CardDAV and CalDAV are only PULL capable in SOGo at the moment (don't
know if there are plans to change this).

Sorry, I don't know Funambol to answer this for it.

There is an ActiveSync port for SOGo named sogosync.
https://github.com/xbgmsharp/sogosync
It's really new and I had no time to test it yet.

But be aware that push needs a permanent connection between your client
and server. That's not what you want for a road warrior with changing
IPs and time based accounting.

2. Is there a way to segregate users or groups of users in their own
instance or similar? In other words, can you setup a group of 5 accounts
with their own addressbook where they can only see members of their
group in the organization?

Do you only want an address book for a group or do you mean complete
separate them (e.g. also for autocompletion of emails)?

In order to create an Address book for a group, someone (e.g. a group
member) has to create a new address book in his account and share it
with the others. This can be read only or writable for them.

If you want to completely separate them, you need a multi-domain-setup.
I don't think that the additional configuration effort is reasonable for
5 people, but that decision is up to you.

Basically I was looking for a possible Exchange replacement with multiple tenant support or at least an easy way to implement multiple tenant support. However, it seems like Sogo has a long way to go before it comes close to replacing Exchange.

Thanks for the info anyways