Re: [SOGo] SOGo without LDAP and with mysql. Can I still share calendars?

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Cc: hans < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo without LDAP and with mysql. Can I still share calendars?
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 18:14:40 +0200

Hello Hans

On 2012-05-30 16:52, hans wrote:

> Could you point me a bit in the right direction were to look?
>
> Should I be able to share something directly from the sogo web interface
> or do I manually need to configure something in the sogo configuration
> for each calender that a user wants to share?
>
> What I thought how sharing should work is that a user creates a
> new/extra calendar and that user can control which other sogo users kan
> access it. But I can't seem to share anything only allow all
> authenticated users access.

Short answer:
-------------
That's exactly as it works.

"all authenticated users" are only added automatically to all calendars,
because the given privileges are needed for free/busy display.

You first have to add all other people which shall have access to the
calendar.
Then you double click on the person in the list and give her the
privileges you want.

Long answer:
------------
The calendar owner always has to select the calendar, then right
click on it. Start command "sharing...".
Now you get a new window with the list of users which
have already privileges granted.

In order to add another user to this list you have to click on the
address card with green plus sign ("Add...").
This opens a user search window.

Now start typing the name or email address of the desired user.
After each keystroke you get a list of some of the matching users (25 at
most on my server).
Type until you see the user you search for.
Select her entry in the list and press "Add...".
Close the search window.

You now can see the user in the sharing list.
Double click her.
A window with the actual privileges set for her pops up.

There you can grant/revoke whatever privileges you like to her.
Then store these settings with "Update".

In the list of users there is an option "Subscribe User" for each person
in the list. If you select it, the corresponding calendar
is automatically added to the users web interface.

The owner of the calendar can grant the following permissions to any
SOGo user.
* create new tasks/events
* delete existing tasks/events
* for all private tasks/events
a) don't see them at all
b) see "(Private event)" or time and duration of events
c) see all attributes
d) see and modify all attributes
e) see all attributes and respond to events
* for all confidential tasks/events
a) don't see them at all
b) see "(Confidential event)" or time and duration of events
c) see all attributes
d) see and modify all attributes
e) see all attributes and respond to events
* for all public tasks/events
a) don't see them at all
b) see "(Public event)" or time and duration of events
c) see all attributes
d) see and modify all attributes
e) see all attributes and respond to events

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz