Re: [SOGo] I want to translate sogo!

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] I want to translate sogo!
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:11:33 +0200

Hello Francis

On 2012-06-20 20:16, Francis Lachapelle wrote:

> On 2012-06-20, at 5:21 AM, Christian Mack wrote:
>
>> To give a short answer: You can make your own translation. You have
>> to get the source code and add your language there. These are in
>> several files though and you have to activate your new language in
>> SOGo in order to use it. Then compile, eventually package it and
>> install it.
>>
>> If you want to have your language in SOGo permanently, someone must
>> add it to transifex and the SOGo source.
>>
>> Transifex allowes you to download and reimport the files you have
>> to translate. You don't have to use Transifex for anything beyond
>> that.
>
> Not true. Transifex also offers an Web-based interface to translate
> all strings.

Hmmm...
I obviously didn't make clear, what I wanted to say.
I said the above, as the original questioner did want to use files for
his translation.
He also didn't want to use web tools.
So I tried to hint him, that he can do that, but needs the Transifex
account in order to get the files and to be able to check them in again.

> The procedure to translate SOGo in a new language is described here :
>
> http://sogo.nu/english/support/faq/article/how-to-translate-sogo-in-another-language-2.html

Good hint.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz