Re: [SOGo] Unable to subscribe user to a calendar

  • From: Michal Kminek < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Unable to subscribe user to a calendar
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:22:07 +0200

Dne 21.6.2012 10:01, Christian Mack napsal(a):
" type="cite">
LDAP query - example user

[root@fs Defaults]# ldapsearch -x '(uid=pdobes)'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=getnet,dc=cz> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=pdobes)
# requesting: ALL
#

# pdobes, People, getnet.cz
dn: uid=pdobes,ou=People,dc=getnet,dc=cz
givenName: Pavel
sn: Dobes
loginShell: /bin/bash
gidNumber: 501
uidNumber: 501
mail:

 ">

objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetorgperson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: posixgroup
uid: pdobes
cn: pdobes
homeDirectory: /home/pdobes

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1
Why has your user "objectClass: posixgroup" ?

SOGo will try to expand that group, but there are no members in it, so
it will not work.

Hello Christian,

I removed the objectClass: posixgroup for every user and everything started working. I need every user to have its own group because of the file group ownership. It's the default scheme in CentOS/RedHat systems. I might change that in the future in our systems. I created a separate group(including objectClass: posixgroup) for each user under Groups(in LDAP) and for sure I added this particular user as a memeber.

Really thank you for your help.

Just one remark - in SOGo 1.3.5a the calendar sharing worked even if the user in LDAP had both posix objects. Something has changed in SOGo.

As I said the sharing works fine now but the message WARNING(-[NSNull(misc) length]): called NSNull -length (returns 0) !!! still apeears in the log right after invoking the "Sharing" window. The same message I get when opening Calendar Properties or displaying events in Calendar - one error message per event in the calendar - for example 4 events in the week view result in 4 error messages, 6 events in the month view produce 6 error messages. I can't see any malfunction now except the messages. Is there any way to trace the errors?

Thank you,
Michal