Re: [SOGo] ANN: SOGo v1.3.17

  • From: Piet Hein < >
  • To: Georg Bretschneider < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] ANN: SOGo v1.3.17
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 04:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

>> sql-update-1.3.16_to_1.3.17.sh: should it be run as the user sogo is run as?

>The shell Script asks you for an DB username, its password and SOGos DB
>name. It does not really matter which user you use for running the
>script. Just be sure the DB user you choose as enough rights on your
>SOGo DB.

I assumed that, because the sogo-DB-user on my system has no password (ident authentication) I just ran the script as that user, I get no feedback at all about the operations that might have been performed or might have failed. I wonder if this is intended/the operations in the script were executed correctly (have not thoroughly looked at the script yet, as I am not a regular scripter I would need to do that to see what exactly should/would have happened)