Re: [SOGo] Max. number of Managesieve connections in SOGo Webclient?

  • From: Patrick Ben Koetter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Max. number of Managesieve connections in SOGo Webclient?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 07:46:40 +0200

* Ludovic Marcotte
< >:
> On 05/08/12 17:23, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> >I ran into a manage sieve client limit on a Dovecot server today. By
> >default
> >Dovecot allows a maximum of 10 concurrent managesieve connections from a
> >client.
> Client being Sieve client or user?

Reading the docs I'd say user:

# Maximum number of ManageSieve connections allowed for a user from each IP
# address.
# NOTE: The username is compared case-sensitively.
# mail_max_userip_connections = 10

> >How does that relate to SOGo's webmail client? How many concurrent
> >connections
> >will it open to a manage sieve server? Will the number increase e.g. if
> >there
> >are many rules to send?
> SOGo will open one connection per child sogod process, if needed. If
> you had 10 users modifying their script at the same time (ie.,
> saving the preferences) and > 10 sogod processes running, that could
> happen.

Logs indicate there was only me/my client doing managesieve actions when the
limit was reached. I'll investigate when I find time. For the moment raising
the limit solved the problem.

p@rick

--
state of mind ()

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15 Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München Telefax +49 89 3090 4666

Amtsgericht München Partnerschaftsregister PR 563