Re: [SOGo] Database from scratch

  • From: Jean Raby < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Database from scratch
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:19:27 -0400

On 12-08-31 10:02 AM, Marc Patermann wrote:
Hi,

based on the work of user oeufdure I was able to successfully build
1.3.17 with opensuse build service (and building 1.3.18 now).

In the installation document I find nothing about preparing the database
itself (creating tables etc.). Does SOGo do this on its own?
SOGo will do it when it starts.

I find update scripts for database, but no installation script.

When I try to run i.e.

postgres@rzhs211:~>
/install/sogo/SOGo-1.3.18/Scripts/sql-update-20070724.sh
Username (postgres): sogo
Hostname (localhost):
Database (postgres): sogo

You will now be requested your password thrice...
After that, a list of SQL operations will scroll.

psql: FATAL: Ident-Authentifizierung für Benutzer »sogo« fehlgeschlagen
psql: FATAL: Ident-Authentifizierung für Benutzer »sogo« fehlgeschlagen
psql: FATAL: Ident-Authentifizierung für Benutzer »sogo« fehlgeschlagen

I'm not prompted for the password anytime. It does not work.
(Tried with users sogo and postgres.)

I'm surely missing something.
don't run the upgrade scripts since you're not upgrading ;-)

sogo.log complains about:

Aug 31 15:40:07 sogod [5092]: <0x0xbe04c8[SOGoCache]> an error occurred
when caching value for key 'session:sGbfC6sNsK36Sau8o++NaA==': "WRITE
FAILURE"
EXCEPTION: <NSException: 0xd708c8> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException
REASON:NGLdapEntry(instance) does not recognize asDictionary INFO:(null)

the first error is related to memcached, make sure memcached is installed and running.

The second exception looks like a configuration issue, but I cannot say more without seeing the output of 'sudo -u sogo defaults read sogod'

Marc

--
Jean Raby

:: +1.514.447.4918 (x120) :: www.inverse.ca