[SOGo] add auxiliary imap mailbox using template

  • From: mourik jan heupink < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] add auxiliary imap mailbox using template
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:36:51 +0100

Hi all,

We're planning to migrate to SOGo, and I'm currently thinking about the migration of our imap mailstore.

SOGo will be installed on new hardware, and our current mailserver will remain online for as long as we choose. Suddenly I realised:

It would be super if we could add an auxiliary imap mailbox for our soon-to-be-old mailserver. Using the same credentails, only with a different servername.

That way there would be no need for scripts like imapcopy etc. Old mail would remain available for as long as we keep the old mailserver online. And users could simple drag and drop mails/folders they would like to migrate to the new SOGo server.

As the functionality is basically there using SOGoMailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled = yes, they only thing required would be a way to specify a second servername or so.

Wouldn't that be great??! I guess it would ease migrations to SOGo for MANY people, because installing on new hardware seems like a rather common scenario...

Or is something like this possible already..?

Regards,
Mourik Jan