Re: [SOGo] blackberry client for Sogo

  • From: mayak-cq < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] blackberry client for Sogo
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:13:59 +0100

On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 20:35 -0500, K B wrote:
hmm, first time sync works on BB Bold 9900, but now it stops syncing after 125 contacts.
I'm getting cold feet over the Funambol device client capability, the SOGO project looks great, but I sinply can't get a client to act reliable yet. Is it just my devices?

Also the Funambol forum states no BB10 support planned, which renders this project of mine utterly useless, as 85% of my client base is guaranteed to upgrade to BB10 within a month of its release. (not exagerating either :) )
i have had the same problem with BB and funambol -- large contact/address book bombs the sync and scatters data. funambol and BB are just not happening.
BB10 is supposed to have activesync built in (wow -- only now in 2013 has connectivity become a reality for RIM -- maybe the stock price had something to do with their decision /end-rant).

so BB10  will have activesync and that can work with sogo (see sogo-sync -- a sogo implementation of z-push). in the meantime, you could try astraSync which is a licensed activesync plugin for BB and should work now.

all will depend on BB10 -- with their current cash burn rate, RIM recently had to sell some assets, and if BB10 fails, they will be out of business.

cheers