Re: [SOGo] Moving .GNUstepDefaults to /etc/sogo

  • From: Jean Raby < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Moving .GNUstepDefaults to /etc/sogo
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:20:41 -0500

On 13-01-31 2:27 PM, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
Considering moving our config to /etc/sogo but not positive about the
directory and file permissions as well as the proper usage of defaults after
the change. Tested on our dev server; defaults read returns nothing, further
testing with strace shows that defaults read is trying to access
.GNUstepDefaults in /root:

access("/root/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)

Also see an attempt to access :

access("/root/.GNUstep.conf", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

Is their a configuration option that needs to be set so defaults knows what
file to look at?

'defaults' is a gnustep tool to manipulate gnustep defaults, by using sogo.conf, you are moving away from those.

Configuration should be done by hand, in sogo.conf only.
The content of that file is quite sensitive, so sogo:sogo 600 is the preferred mode for it.

--
Jean Raby

:: +1.514.447.4918 (x120) :: www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence (www.packetfence.org)