Re: [SOGo] iCal4OL and Sogo - double invitations

  • From: Heiner Markert < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] iCal4OL and Sogo - double invitations
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 10:08:42 +0100

Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2013, 20:33:23 schrieb
:
> Hello,
>
> We are having a problem with the connection betwee iCal4OL and the Sogo
> server 2.03. Problem is that everytime when a new event is created in
> outlook it will send an invitation. When iCal4OL syncs the event with
> the sogo server over Caldav the event is synchronised and also the
> invitation is sent again.
>
> Is there any support in Sogo for a special tag for attendee lines called
> "SCHEDULE-AGENT=CLIENT"? Or is there a way to stop the sending of
> invitations in SOGo directly, which did arrive by CalDAV?
>
> Step 1: add event "test 1" with attendee, invitation is send by outlook
> directly (before iCal4OL syncd)
> Step 2: Sync iCal4OL with the Sogo server, event is synced and
> invitation is sent again by the Sogo server
>
> For this time we still have trouble with the Sogo, Openchange and Samba
> setup, so until we find it stable enough we use iCal4OL as a temporarily
> solution. It works fine excepts for the invitations, so please be kind
> to help us :-).
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Merijn Visser

Hello,

you can set
SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications NO
SOGoFoldersSendEmailNotifications NO
SOGoACLsSendEMailNotifications NO
SOGoAppointmentSendEMailReceipts NO

and SOGo stops sending emails automatically. I think you can use only the
first
(or last?) setting to disable the automatic invitations.
However, this settings will also influence events created through the web
interface, where SOGo will also stop sending email invitations. Attendees
with
an account in the same SOGo installation will still get notified about their
invitation, but I don't know what happens to external attendees.

If there is another way to disable sending invitations for events that are
synced via ical4ol (or another caldav client), I would be very interested
about it.

Best regards
Heiner