Re: [SOGo] iCal4OL and Sogo - double invitations

  • From: Merijn Visser - Z-Netwerken < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] iCal4OL and Sogo - double invitations
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:22:58 +0100

The support-team of iCal4OL pointed me to the following ideas:

1)
Latest idea from mailinglist: It's not "optimal", since it breaks up invitations and you can not reply in SOGo.

By activating tab "1.x More" at the bottom of tab "1.How", you can then on tab "1.2 More - Export"
[X] Suppress attendees (do not export/upload Contacts/Participants/Google Guests)
during upload to SOGo

During a download sync, the attendees will not get removed in Outlook!
(This is only done by adding flag "clear_att" in field "UserID/Kennung", since attendee lines will have PARTSTAT=DECLINED... which will become visible in the body or on OL tab "Status")

==> But this may result in a later issue, if an attendee will sync his copy to the same SOGo installation...

Normally for invitations, iCal4OL is using the so called .GlobalAppointmentID as HREF and UID (=UID sent out by Outlook).
(Updates of invitations are actually deleting and re-adding events in Outlook, and not modifying them... only this field and PR_SEARCHKEY are staying identical)

I don't know, if it's possible to upload the same UID/HREF "again" by an attendee (which should suppress attendees, too).
There are flags in iCal4OL you may want to add, to NOT USE the .GlobalAppointmentID at all:  href no_global
In this case only GUID() (generated UID) are used for invitations - but this may result in duplicates.

Other Ideas (work-arounds):

2)
Instruct the users, not to send invitations directly in Outlook, by only using CTRL-S (for saving the invitation) and then just closing the event detail window, if all attendees are hosted on SOGo.

3)
Instruct the users, never to make new invitations in Outlook. They must be added in SOGo directly.

4)
If somebody can speak "Objective-C", it would be possible to modify the source, and re-compile SOGO..
If somebody knows, in which module the handling of attendee lines is done, perhaps there is a way to implement the recognition of
"SCHEDULE-AGENT=CLIENT" on attendee lines. It can be activated by flag "client" in iCal4OL - by default it's only used for iCloud.

Kind regards,

Merijn Visser

Z-NetwerkenNederland bv

Landzichtweg 66 | 4105 DP Culemborg

T 0345 - 53 69 25 |  F 0345 - 51 64 56

www.z-netwerken.nl  |  ">

De informatie verzonden in dit e-mailbericht is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.

Indien de informatie bij vergissing bij u terecht is gekomen dan verzoeken wij u vriendelijk de afzender

hiervan op de hoogte te stellen en de informatie te verwijderen. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging,

verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden zonder expliciete toestemming van de

afzender is niet toegestaan. Aan de verstrekte informatie kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend, tenzij

expliciet anders is aangegeven in het e-mailbericht. Z-NetwerkenNederland staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige

overbrenging, noch voor de tijdige ontvangst van dit e-mailbericht.