[SOGo] Address Book empty in Thunderbird

  • From: Valentin Bud < >
  • To: SOGo Users < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] Address Book empty in Thunderbird
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:50:55 +0100

Hello World,

I have managed to install a SOGo deployment on Debian Squeeze using
inverse's repositories. Fairly easy to setup if you follow the docs.

I have also installed Thunderbird ESR [1] on my computer. Following the
docs I have installed SOGo Connector Thunderbird extensions. I have
modified and and installed SOGo Integrator Thunderbird extensions. After
doing this I can see the `Test` address book created using the web
frontend.

I have added a card to that address book using the web
frontend. I expected to see that card in Thunderbird but it doesn't. I
have also tried to synchronize the address book using right click on the
address book and click Synchronize. That doesn't work either and no
traffic in the SOGo log.

This is my first real encounter with SOGo and I don't really know what
info to give you about the system. Please bare with me.

Operating System
================
$ uname -a
Linux sogo.example.net 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 10:07:46
UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

SOGo version
============
$ aptitude show sogo
Package: sogo
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 2.0.4b-1

SOGo .GNUDefaults
=================
$ /usr/sbin/sogo-tool dump-defaults
{
OCSFolderInfoURL =
"mysql://example_net_sogo:pass@172.16.X.36:3306/example_net_sogo/sogo_folder_info";
OCSSessionsFolderURL =
"mysql://example_net_sogo:pass@172.16.X.36:3306/example_net_sogo/sogo_sessions_folder";
SOGoACLsSendEMailNotifications = YES;
SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications = YES;
SOGoDebugRequests = YES;
SOGoDraftsFolderName = Drafts;
SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID = YES;
SOGoFirstDayOfWeek = 1;
SOGoFoldersSendEMailNotifications = YES;
SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = YES;
SOGoIMAPServer = "imap://172.16.X.38:143";
SOGoLanguage = English;
SOGoLoginModule = Mail;
SOGoMailDomain = example.net;
SOGoMailMessageCheck = every_2_minutes;
SOGoMailShowSubscribedFoldersOnly = YES;
SOGoMailingMechanism = smtp;
SOGoMemcachedHost = "127.0.0.1:11211";
SOGoPageTitle = "Go!";
SOGoProfileURL =
"mysql://example_net_sogo:pass@172.16.X.36:3306/example_net_sogo/sogo_user_profile";
SOGoSMTPServer = 172.16.X.28;
SOGoSQLUserProfileURL =
"mysql://example_net_sogo:pass@172.16.X.36:3306/example_net_sogo/sogo_user_profile";
SOGoSentFolderName = Sent;
SOGoSieveServer = "sieve://172.16.X.38:4190";
SOGoSupportedLanguages = (
English
);
SOGoTimeZone = Europe/Berlin;
SOGoTrashFolderName = Trash;
SOGoUserSources = (
{
CNFieldName = cn;
IDFieldName = cn;
IMAPHostFieldName = gosaMailServer;
UIDFieldName = cn;
baseDN = "ou=people,dc=example,dc=net";
bindDN = "cn=SOGo SYSTEM,ou=people,dc=example,dc=net";
bindFields = mail;
bindPassword = "pass";
canAuthenticate = YES;
filter = "(objectClass=person)";
hostname = "ldap://172.16.X.20:389";;
id = public;
isAddressBook = NO;
scope = sub;
}
);
}

When I access the Address Book from Thunderbird or composing a new email
and typing the first 3 letters of the contact I have added to `Test`
Address Book nothing appears in the logs, nor in Apache neither SOGo's.

The Address Book points to the following link:
http://sogo.example.net/SOGo/dav/ /Contacts/C5910C1B-C670-0001-4CEC-17D28282A240/

The link was added by Integrator I guess, because I haven't touched it.

I would be gratefull if anybody could shed some light.

[1]: http://www.mozilla.org/en/thunderbird/organizations/all-esr.html

Cheers and Goodwill,
Valentin Bud