Re: [SOGo] samba dies with outlook 2012 [and 2010]

  • From: Sven Tegethoff < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] samba dies with outlook 2012 [and 2010]
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:12:56 +0100

On 05.02.2013 14:20, Marco Coli wrote:

The main problem, for me of course, is that a problem with a user paralizes the whole infrastracture.

I agree ... it would be nice if errors wouldn't so easily lead to termination of the entire domain controller.

Unfortunately, my experiments with Outlook 2010 aren't really promsing either. The nice folks at inverse have upated their packages to sama 4.0.1 and openchange 2.0 - and the good news is that quite a few bugs seem to have been fixed. The bad news is, all that means in my test case is that it takes a few seconds longer to crash, and it now does so in a different context :)

I completely removed the profiles and re-added the user (both server and client side) but samba still goes belly up whenever I even get close to anything calendar or contact related in Outlook. I'd love to help debug these conditions ... but I have no clue where to start, or what kind of information people here would need to even make an educated guess ...

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven Tegethoff
EDV-Team

UDO BÄR GmbH & Co. KG
Fürstenstraße 18
47051 Duisburg
Tel.: +49 (0) 203 28117-142
Fax: +49 (0) 203 28117-151
E-Mail:

Ust.-Idnr.: DE119562189, HRA 6056, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Duisburg,
Gerichtsstand: Duisburg Geschäftsführer: Bodo Badnowitz, Jürgen Dietz

Ein Unternehmen der BTI Gruppe: www.bti-group.com

vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or