Re: [SOGo] Address Book empty in Thunderbird

  • From: Stephen Ingram < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Address Book empty in Thunderbird
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:17:01 -0800

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Valentin Bud < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hello World,

I have managed to install a SOGo deployment on Debian Squeeze using
inverse's repositories. Fairly easy to setup if you follow the docs.

I have also installed Thunderbird ESR [1] on my computer. Following the
docs I have installed SOGo Connector Thunderbird extensions. I have
modified and and installed SOGo Integrator Thunderbird extensions. After
doing this I can see the `Test` address book created using the web
frontend.

Just to clarify, are you saying that you are creating a new address book named 'Test' besides the default 'Personal Address Book' that is created by default? Does the 'Test' address book appear in Thunderbird, but not the test contact inside?

I have added a card to that address book using the web
frontend. I expected to see that card in Thunderbird but it doesn't. I
have also tried to synchronize the address book using right click on the
address book and click Synchronize. That doesn't work either and no
traffic in the SOGo log.

If there is no traffic shown in the SOGo logs, this typically means there is no communication between Thunderbird and SOGo. You might check the Error Console inside Thunderbird to see what is reported.

...snip...

When I access the Address Book from Thunderbird or composing a new email
and typing the first 3 letters of the contact I have added to `Test`
Address Book nothing appears in the logs, nor in Apache neither SOGo's.

The Address Book points to the following link:
/Contacts/C5910C1B-C670-0001-4CEC-17D28282A240/" target="_blank">http://sogo.example.net/SOGo/dav/ /Contacts/C5910C1B-C670-0001-4CEC-17D28282A240/

I assume here that sogo.example.net points to your SOGo server?

The link was added by Integrator I guess, because I haven't touched it.

That is correct. The extension pulls the URL from the extensions.rdf file you have modified to point to your SOGo server.

Steve