Re: [SOGo] Help needed, making a real admin tool for SOGO, needs commands.

  • From: Wayland Sothcott < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Help needed, making a real admin tool for SOGO, needs commands.
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:06:41 +0000

On 21/02/2013 21:48, administrator wrote:
Me personally, it's a personal quest to abolish all things not open source from
my workplace (I'm the IT admin/programmer/database/mail guy). I've got
spiceworks taking care of watching my network and inventory, and exchange
deciding not to send mail on random days at around 11am without reason or any
real help in the logs. I've already moved from SCO OpenServer 5 -> Ubuntu
8.04 and had great success, this is the next logical step.

I knew what it was from the start, it's basically just a webmail type website
that works with a bunch of common mail servers and other projects allowing
for outlook connections. In my case my only benefit would be sleep, and I
like sleeping. I was kind of hoping it would just work like webmin, but I see
your point about people wanting to roll out their own solutions.

At this point I'm just wondering if I can just do cyrus + postfix +
OpenChange. I only need IMAP,MAPI,SMTP,DNS (to make it independent), backups
and built in authentication. To be honest, the less the better.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken and cannot do the 3 things above without
sogo gluing them together. I realize some people need a web interface, we got
outlook and phones so we don't need that.

Drop the MAPI and you can use Zentyal Community edition or ClearOS community edition.

--

Mobile: 07925 431381
Office: 01787 388165