Re: [SOGo] Sogo with Mysql Exim Courier

  • From: Thoralf Schulze < >
  • To: Direct Logic < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Sogo with Mysql Exim Courier
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:17:28 +0100

hi,

Am 22.02.2013 08:03 schrieb Direct Logic:
> I am using email server which is composed of EXIM+COURIER+MYSQL+APACHE. Now
> i want to implement SOGO in my organization how can i do that . I go
> through the manual and install it in testing environment but not working.
> Please suggest how can i installed it and its compulsory to install LDAP.

provided that you configured sogo correctly, it will use your existing
infrastructure - ie, exim for sending mails (smtp), courier for fetching
mails (imap) and possibly even your existing user database (mysql?) for
authentication.

personally, i would prefer a ldap directory to store and retrieve user
data and to authenticate users - it is a common ground for many
applications, openldap is a nice and scalable implementation, and there
are usable front-ends to manage your data.

regarding the sogo installation, you will need to read the fine manual
really really carefully. you are more than welcome to ask questions here
- to be able help, we need at least relevant snippets from your
configuration and from your log files.

with kind regards,
thoralf.