Re: [SOGo] IMAP features help

  • From: Gémes Géza < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] IMAP features help
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:14:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm afraid that I'm able to give only a partial answer:
Dear Gents,

I have a fully configured SOGo environment. The Samba4 gives the DNS,
LDAP and Kerberos services. Postfix is the MTA with LDAP based virtusers
through Dovecot, and it provides the SMTP/SSL auth for external users
through Saslauthd with LDAP based auth.
Dovecot provides the maildirs of LDAP based virtusers.
SOGo is working, OpenChange and Sogosync is configured for the
ActiveSync featured mobile devices.

Some features is need to configure, but I don't know how can I do it
perfectly.

1. Maildir quota
I'd like to set it up under Dovecot, but LDAP group based. E.g. Users in
OneGig groups has 1GB qouta, and users in TwoGig groups has 2GB, and etc.
Of course, if the user moved an other group, the quota must be changed
automatically. If the user is member of two (or more) group, the quota
settings let the larger - so, in the previous example -, if the user is
member the OneGig and TwoGig groups at the same time, the quota should 2GB.

How can I do this under Dovecot? If you have any example config, don't
hesitate to send it me.
I'm not sure about this (using cyrus ( switched from courier (switched from uw-imapd))).
But it looks like you are going to need to write a script which would (possible launched from cron) adjust the quota according to the group membership.

2. Sieve and vacation settings
I'd like to let users to handle it over SOGo web interface.
The sieve is absolutely unknown for me, so I thanks any help in this
subject.

Thanks,
Peti
Sogo is still at the experimentation stage at my site, but sieve (I use it for the day I've switched to cyrus (approx 6 years ago)) is a way to be able to manipulate from a MUA (e.g. Thunderbird with the Sieve extension, or squirrelmail with the avelsieve plugin) mail filters which run at the moment the mail gets delivered to your IMAP server. In this regard the imap server (at least in the case of cyrus) it provides a daemon called timsieved which listens to connections from MUAs in order to manipulate sieve filters.

(P.S.: I'm Hungarian, and my English is not too clear - so, I thanks
your patience)
I'm hungarian too, so sorry for my bad english ;-)

Regards

Geza