Re: [SOGo] Updated Documentation 2.0.4

  • From: Kevin Smith < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Updated Documentation 2.0.4
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:22:44 -0600

Thanks for taking the time to ask, Francis. I hate having to write in a mailing list, asking for help. It's usually a last resort, for me.

A couple examples:
  • No updated information on the sogo user. I had to dig on the net to find out the command to add defaults is now sudo -u sogo.
  • The location for the defaults file, if using "sudo -u sogo defaults write sogod [command]" is incorrect. In Ubuntu, it's in /var... not /usr...
  • There is no basic documentation as to where sogo.conf is supposed to reside, how it interacts with apache if sogo.conf is even created in Ubuntu. There was no sogo.conf created, when I used apt-get, in my installation. The documentation lists it as /etc/httpd/conf.d/SOGo.conf. httpd does not exist in Ubuntu, it's apache2.
  • How to list the defaults file, using "sudo -u sogo defaults read sogod".
  • Installing from the .tar file, as far as I can tell, has no 'INSTALLATION' file, with directions on how to use the 'manual' install.
  • Providing numerous examples, maybe in an appendix, for setup scenarios would be amazingly helpful.
If this software is to be extraordinarily successful, it should have the documentation for someone with less than 5 years of Linux experience can use, but that's just my opinion.

Hi Only Talking Goat

On 2013-02-27, at 4:02 PM, " target="_blank"> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a comprehensive installation and usage guide for 2.0.4? I
> installed it on Ubuntu, using apt-get, and the documentation from the website
> is horribly wrong, for the most part. None of it works and it's outdated.
>
> I can't find any information about how SOGo interacts with Apache. Most of the
> files are not in the same place... Help.

The guide is for RHEL/CentOS. Where is the documentation wrong for Ubuntu?

Francis

--
" target="_blank"> :: +1.514.755.3640 :: http://www.inverse.ca
Inverse :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://sogo.nu) and PacketFence (http://packetfence.org)