Re: [SOGo] Thunderbird 17 still asks for the password several times [was Re: SOGo extensions for Thunderbird 10!]

  • From: Joro Mindlab < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Thunderbird 17 still asks for the password several times [was Re: SOGo extensions for Thunderbird 10!]
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:05:15 +0100

2013/2/28 Ludovic Hutin
< >:
> Le 28/02/2013 14:47, Martin (Lists) a écrit :
>>
>> Am 11.01.2013 21:51, schrieb Nobody:
>>>
>>> I noticed myself after upgrading to Thunderbird 17 that I was being
>>> prompted to authenticate seemingly for every calendar I was subscribed
>>> to in addition to once for my mail.
>>> After a lot of tinkering with versions and settings, I found myself
>>> digging through the extracted contents of the Lightning extension.
>>> There, I found the file calAuthUtils.jsm in the modules sub directory.
>>> I've found that if I overwrite the "cal.auth.Prompt.prototype"
>>> definition/code block, with the version from lightning-1.0b2.105i
>>> (Inverse Edition for the 3.x release), and of course, re-zip the
>>> extension back up and re-install it, I get the old behavior of only
>>> being prompted to enter my password twice, once for mail and once for
>>> all of my calendars.
>>> This appears to work on Linux and OSX with 17.0.2.
>>> I've yet to test with the 10.x series or with Windows but I suspect its
>>> the same issue.
>>> I believe it has to do with the way the authentication realms are being
>>> handled for CalDAV auth, but I'm no expert.
>>> Hope maybe this will help and not break too much stuff.
>>> Seems to work.
>>
>> Is there something new regarding this toppic? Since I moved from TB10 to
>> TB17 I got the master password login dialog three times on my linux box
>> as well (with the old TB10 I had it on windows only). I have to type in
>> the password only once and can close the other two boxes by hitting ESC
>> button.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
> Hi,
>
> Personnaly i use the module "master password+ 1.21 in order to display
> only one password popup. The other popup are hidden with this plugin.
> It's very usefull !
>
> Regards
> Ludovic
> --
>
> https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists

Hi all,
as long as Lightning is still the kind of buggy mess that it is, i
have helped my users with the following add-ons:
- lightning 1.9.1 from nightly (1.9 fails to delete deleted events)
- StartupMaster 1.3 for managing passwords
and most important
- Saved Password Editor 2.7 for adding non-imap and non-smtp urls to
StartupMaster, something, that TB wont do for you.
Use the saved Password Editor to add https://your.server.tld as host
and put the full url to the calendar in the second field. See attached
pic. Add user and pw, save and go.

Works ok so far (3 weeks and counting)
I want to emphasize, that sogo is NOT the problem, it's all Lightning.
On windows, i've been using emclient for the last few weeks, it'
pretty ok and never finds fault with the calenders on sogo.

regards,
joro