Re: [SOGo] Delegate user's mailbox

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Delegate user's mailbox
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:32:18 +0200

Am 2013-03-27 22:41, schrieb Szládovics Péter:
>> On 27/03/13 17:08, Szládovics Péter wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> How can I delegate user's mailbox to an other user?
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> user can read
>>>
>>> user's mail folders, and he
>>> can send any emails from b@... address as sender.
>>> I asked the Google brother, but he couldn't help me - or my question
>>> was wrong...
>> Yes.
>
> Thanks :)
>
>> First set the appropriate ACL on the mailbox{es} (right click on
>> mailbox{es} -> "Sharing...").
>
> Ok, it's already done. But I log in as name of the other user, and
> cannot see any changes - e.g. delegated mailbox...

Check if "Preferences" --> "Mail Options" --> "Show subscribed mailboxes
only" is unset.

Then you should see the shared folders under "Other Users".
If not, then something is wrong with your IMAP configuration.

>> Secondly, set the delegation (right click on the "account" ->
>> "Delegation...").
>
> It's already done too. In user's dovecot imap folder I have two files
> with correct ACL entries, but in the web I can't see any changes.
>
> Where can I find the problem?

When creating a new email, you can choose which account to use in the
"From:" selection. Either use your own or the delegated one here.

Hope that helps.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz