Re: [SOGo] Re: just gone live with sogo, and keep getting 100% cpu usage... :-(

  • From: Jan-Frode Myklebust < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Re: just gone live with sogo, and keep getting 100% cpu usage... :-(
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:57:57 +0200

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 11:48:46AM +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> Probably also good to enable some debugging with:
>
> sudo -u sogo defaults write sogod SOGoDebugRequests YES
>
> and see if the sogod.log tell you something..

We've often seen problems with sogod processes getting stuck, eating
cpu, so we've implemented a watchdog that kills sogod-processes
that's been using too much cputime.

Every 5 minutes we run the following script:

----8<-----8<------8<-------8<---8<----8<-------8<------8<-----8<--
#! /bin/sh -
#
# Kill sogo-processes that's been running too long.

too_long=15 # 00-59 minutes

ps -u sogo -opid,ppid,cputime | grep -v PPID | while read pid ppid time
do
# Don't kill main daemon.
if test "x$ppid" != "x1"
then
minutes=$(echo $time | cut -d: -f2)
if test $minutes -gt $too_long;
then
echo Killing $pid
ps -fp $pid
kill -9 $pid
fi
fi

done

This hasn't been triggering often with sogo v2, but we've had situations
earlier where sogod would get stuck on unexpected data from the IMAP
server. F.ex. sogod didn't like dovecot telling it the progress during
IMAP searches and got stuck using 100% cpu whenever that happened.

-jf