Re: [SOGo] Account validation

  • From: Marc Patermann < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Account validation
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:36:39 +0200

Louis-Philippe,

Louis-Philippe Gauthier schrieb (16.04.2013 15:47 Uhr):

I want to know which LDAP's fields SOGo validates to know if the user's account is active or not and the password expiration.
What do you mean by "active"?
If you want to store the information if someone is a SOGo user or not, you have to set an attribute accordingly and include this in your LDAP filter in SOGo conf.

You can set password expiration i.e. in openldap by the password policy overlay. But I'm not sure if SOGo honors this.

In general SOGo does an LDAP bind with the credentials entered by the user which the LDAP server handles itself.

Is it the same validation with the Webmail and Thunderbird ?

There is documentation about this ?
If you are connecting to the SOGo services (SOGo Web GUI, CalDAV, CardDAV vie Thunderbird/iPhone/etc.), SOGo uses the configured authentication backend.
If you are connecting to other services - like your IMAP server - it uses the there configured authentication backends. In most case this should be the same.

Does this answer your questions?
If not you may have to provide more information/details.

Marc