Re: [SOGo] LDAP address book not working

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] LDAP address book not working
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:36:26 +0200

Hello Paul van der Vlis

Am 2013-04-24 15:25, schrieb Paul van der Vlis:

> My LDAP address book is not working. What will be wrong?
> The authentication works fine.
>
> I don't know if the "id" field is important?
> Now there is only some name in that field.
>
> SOGoUserSources = (
> {
> type = ldap;
> CNFieldName = cn;
> IDFieldName = uid;
> UIDFieldName = uid;
> baseDN = "ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=local";
> bindDN = "cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=local";
> bindPassword = secret;
> canAuthenticate = YES;
> displayName = "LDAP addresses";
> hostname = "192.168.28.240";
> id = contacts;
> isAddressBook = YES;
> port = 389;
> filter = "(mail='*@*')";
> }
> );

This should work.
What problem do you have with it?
Can you not see the global address book "LDAP addresses" in the SOGo
webinterface at all?
Can you not find addresses while searching in the global addressbook?
What error message do you get?

id is the internal reference for that User Source.
Therefore it must be unique within the configuration of SOGo.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz