Re: [SOGo] SOGO Group Member List

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To: Ravi Kanchan < >, SOGo community < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGO Group Member List
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:05:46 +0200

Hello Ravi Kanchan

Am 2013-04-30 07:40, schrieb Ravi Kanchan:

> 2013-04-26 20:21, Christian Mack wrote:
>>
>> Am 2013-04-26 12:00, schrieb Ravi Kanchan:
>>>
>>> can anybody help me, Where we can check the Group member list in SOGO
>>> users or Check by Expanding the Group Name.
>>>

>> Sorry, but I don't understand your question at all.
>>
>> What do you want to do with groups?
>> What's your configuration?
>>

> My question is this I have configuerd the following group in ldap.
>

> *cn=management,ou=Group,dc=sogo,dc=local*
>
> it has three members:
> cn=rkanchan,ou=People,dc=sogo,dc=local
> cn=harish,ou=People,dc=sogo,dc=local
> cn=kanchan,ou=People,dc=sogo,dc=local
>
> and this is configuration for my group in sogo.
>
> <dict>
> <key>CNFieldName</key>
> <string>cn</string>
> <key>IDFieldName</key>
> <string>cn</string>
> <key>UIDFieldName</key>
> <string>cn</string>
> <key>baseDN</key>
> <string>ou=Group,dc=sogo,dc=local</string>
> <key>bindDN</key>
> <string>cn=Manager,dc=sogo,dc=local</string>
> <key>bindPassword</key>
> <string>kanchan</string>
> <key>canAuthenticate</key>
> <string>NO</string>
> <key>displayName</key>
> <string>Mail Groups</string>
> <key>hostname</key>
> <string>ldap://127.0.0.1:389</string>
> <key>id</key>
> <string>publicgroup</string>
> <key>isAddressBook</key>
> <string>YES</string>
> </dict>
>

> the sogo contact list showing the groups but not expanding users under
> groups. show how I can achive this.

Now I understand your problem, thanks.

It is not possible at the moment though.
I am not sure if this is by design, or just because of simplicity of
implementation.

Think about lists, where the members shall be invisible.
Think about lists with hundreds or thousands of members.
Think about synchronizing this information with mobile devices.
So I think the visibility should be selectable, perhaps even on a per
list basis.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz

  • [SOGo] SOGO Group Member List, Ravi Kanchan, 04/26/2013
    • Message not available
      • Message not available
        • Re: [SOGo] SOGO Group Member List, Christian Mack, 04/30/2013