[SOGo] SOGo configuration with real domain name (networking problems)

  • From: Atef < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo configuration with real domain name (networking problems)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 06:17:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

being a novice with linux environment and networking I have some problem with
what I should put in some configuration files when installing SOGo;

My "real" domain name is : "sogo.mytests.fr"
My Ubuntu hostname is "ubb01"
I'm following the guide
"http://wiki.readthefmanual.info/index.php/Installation_d%E2%80%99une_solution_de_travail_collaboratif_SOGo_sur_Debian";

I'm not sure what to do before beginning (network staff) (Knowing that I've
already tested SOGO but in internal test environment)

Should I change my hostname?
In configuration files for OpenLdap and Postfix they supply domain
name/hostname

Should I put the full domain name in the hostname field?

hostname=sogo.mytests.fr??

In OpenLdap when creating users should I put "dc=sogo,dc=mytests,dc=fr"?

can someone tell me what files should I modify to have a correct networking
config before installing SOGO

P.S:I have also a public IP address.
my env.: Ubuntu 12.04

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

  • [SOGo] SOGo configuration with real domain name (networking problems), Atef, 06/05/2013