[SOGo] Samba 4 source install with Openchange

  • From: Dominique < >
  • To: SOGo User List < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] Samba 4 source install with Openchange
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 18:40:22 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to setup a new Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server with samba4 and sogo.

I tried to install samba4 from repositories - ubuntu and sogo with no results. It just does not want to work.

I finally installed samba4 from source. It allows to install the last stable version of samba instead of an alpha or beta. That went well.

I am now trying to resume installing sogo with openchange through repositories but it want to reinstall samba4...

Any idea if what I do is feasible - mixing sources and repository install ? How do I tell openchange/sogo that I already have samba installed ? Do I have to keep installing from source ?

Any hint is welcome.

Cheers,

Dominique