Re: [SOGo] Samba 4 source install with Openchange

  • From: Dominique < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Samba 4 source install with Openchange
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:35:55 +0200

Hi Christian,

On 06/06/2013 8:06, Christian Mack wrote:
Hello Dominique

Am 2013-06-05 18:40, schrieb Dominique:
I am trying to setup a new Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server with samba4 and sogo.

I tried to install samba4 from repositories - ubuntu and sogo with no
results. It just does not want to work.

I finally installed samba4 from source. It allows to install the last
stable version of samba instead of an alpha or beta. That went well.

I am now trying to resume installing sogo with openchange through
repositories but it want to reinstall samba4...

Any idea if what I do is feasible - mixing sources and repository
install ? How do I tell openchange/sogo that I already have samba
installed ? Do I have to keep installing from source ?

Any hint is welcome.

I assume you "installed" samba4 via make install.
This does not work.

You have to make a deb-package out of your self compiled samba4.
Then install it via dpkg.
With that Ubuntu knows, that you installed samba4 already.

Yep, its a full build with make install.
I don't mind building a package to trick Ubuntu.... Any good how-to to build a package you'd recommend ?
Can we just update the installed package list somewhere ?

Dominique