Re: [SOGo] Shared Addresses write access

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Shared Addresses write access
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:40:14 +0200

Hello Laz Peterson

Am 2013-06-07 00:16, schrieb Laz Peterson:

> How would I go about allowing my users write access to the shared
> address book without giving them SuperUser access? Is that possible?
> We are using an Active Directory (Windows 2003) LDAP.

Are you talking about personal address books shared between SOGo users?
Then you only have to set the privilege for every user in question (or
use a group) for that address book.

Are you talking about the enterprise or global address books?
Those are generated from LDAP/AD and defined in the SOGo configuration
under topic SOGoUserSources.
There you have to set the users with write access into:

modifiers a list (array) of usernames that are authorized to
perform modifications to the address book defined by
this LDAP source

and you have to specify:

objectClasses when the “modifiers” list (see below) is set, or when
using LDAP-based user addressbooks (see “abOU”
bellow), this list of object classes will be applied to
new records as they are created

SOGoSuperUsername has nothing to do with that.

> Also, I know that the standard display for shared LDAP contacts is
> "search-only" … But how can I show all shared contacts in the window?
> For a small office, we have a total of about 110 contacts that are
> necessary for all staff to have access to, but the staff can't seem
> to figure out how to search the names without getting confused, or
> they are having trouble remembering the names at all without seeing
> them. Definitely not a shortcoming of the SOGo environment, I must
> add, but something I've gotta figure out how to deal with. ;)

That's not possible right now.

But you always can get these by setting SOGoLDAPQueryLimit to a number
bigger than your max contact number and searching for "." (= dot)

Also there is an enhancement request for that in the bug tracker.
See Bug # 438
http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=438

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz