Re: [SOGo] Shared Addresses write access

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To: Ueli Leutwyler < >, SOGo community < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Shared Addresses write access
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:52:42 +0200

Hello Ueli Leutwyler

Am 2013-06-11 22:01, schrieb Ueli Leutwyler:

>> Am 2013-06-11 11:54, schrieb
>> :
>>>
>>> I've read your post about write access to global address books.
>>> I'd like to hide my global adressbooks for some AD-Groups.
>>> Unfortunately that was not possible so far.
>>> I thought I could use modifiers to gain write-access and then restrict
>>> the
>>> view for some users.
>>> Unfortunately I couldn't manage to make it work.
>>>
>>> I've tried several different ways:
>>>
>>> modifiers = "Le"
>>> modifiers = "CN=Ueli Leutwyler,OU= ...."
>>> modifiers = {".."}
>>>
>>> Could you post an example?
>>>

>> This can not be done with a group.
>>
>> You have to set all uid values for users with write access in the
>> modifiers field.
>>
>> The value of the modifiers option is an array element.
>> So it should look like that:
>> modifiers = (uidUserA, uidUserB, uidUserC);
>>

> Just found out that modifiers had an effect. I can now modify users.
> Thats not what I wanted though. I only wanted to change the ACL of the
> groups.
>
> In fact I want to hide the teachers addressbook from our students.
> It seems that write-access has nothing to do with that.
> Do you know if it's possible to set the ACL of a global addressbook in an
> other way?

Ahh, now I understand your problem.

You can only do that with a multi domain setup.
In short you make one domain for the teachers and a second one for the
students.
With that they have to choose at login, which domain to use.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz