[SOGo] Outlook 2003 configuration ...

  • From: < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Outlook 2003 configuration ...
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:56:21 -0400 (EDT)

I am now in the position of having to configure Outlook 2003 with SOGo

I am using an older ZEG without Samba3 or Samba4

However, all my packages are up-to-date (i.e., sope, sogo, cyrus, etc.)
(v2.0.6b)

Q1: Pursuant to the instructions, if we're using LDAP to authenticate, we MUST
use Samba4

Is that correct? Also, pursuant to the instructions, 'sasl_pwcheck_method'
must be set to 'alwaystrue'

Mine 'imapd.conf' reads 'sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd'

I perceive that needs to be changed so Outlook can send the password.

Q2: Pursuant to pg. 9 [11] of the instructions, Ubuntu Precise requires Samba4
to be installed.

Is that correct? I believe I can handle that and finish the configuration as
indicated.

  • [SOGo] Outlook 2003 configuration ..., steve_a, 06/29/2013