Re: [SOGo] Global address book - category

  • From: Francis Lachapelle < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Global address book - category
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:23:17 -0400

Hi Christian

On 2013-08-29, at 11:41 AM, Christian Rößner
< >
wrote:

>> as I successfully got my second LDAP address book working, I am looking
>> for a LDAP attribute, which covers the "category" field. Is there such an
>> attribute or can I edit some SOGo template to extend the global search to
>> also look for certain other fields, i.e. street or locality?
>

> Nobody, who has some idea for that?
>
> I already have found the template, but of course it is useless to edit it,
> because the SOGo-code would not support it, does it?
>
> So my hope goes to the LDAP attribute for the category. How does the "abOU"
> code handle categories? If I use LDAP to store my personal address book in
> LDAP, there must exist some attribute as well, does it?
>
> Very much thanks in advance. Would be so nice to get a (positive) feedback
> here :)

I hate to be the one bringing bad news, but categories are not supported for
LDAP address books.

Attributes for searches are also static and can't be modified. Would be nice
to allow search on all indexed attributes though.

You could fill a feature request in the BTS (http://sogo.nu/bugs).

Thanks,

Francis

--