[SOGo] How to share "global" calendars after deactivating/deleting an account

  • From: Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] How to share "global" calendars after deactivating/deleting an account
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:47:58 +0100

Hi folks,

today I was asked how to implement a group or company wide calendar
which is readable by all students and edited by a few coworkers.

This can be done by r/w access rules, but who is publishing the calendar?

AFAIK a caledar can only be published by his owner, but what happens
when that coworker/owner leaves the company and the account is deleted?

O.K. the calender can be copied and imported by an other coworker, but
than the URL to the calender also changes.

That's bad for my point of view, as that way, about 100+ Users have to
change there subscription url ...

Or do I miss something? How do you solve that?

One thought is, to have a "group" or "department" account managing the
special calendars, so the url will stay the same.

Suggestions, hints and thoughts are welcome!

Regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt