Re: [SOGo] Samba4 & anonymous bind

  • From: Szládovics Péter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Samba4 & anonymous bind
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:12:46 +0100

Can Samba4 + SOGo be configured for anonymous bind? Looking at the documentation in http://www.sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGo%20Native%20Microsoft%20Outlook%20Configuration.pdf the proceedure is to set an admin password for samba4 and then configure SOGo's SOGoUserSouces to bind to this Administrator account for doing logins, etc.

I'd rather not store the domain password in plaintext in a file (chmod 600 for root, but still). Can SOGo be configured to do an anonymous bind (as I currently do against my own ldap server, not using samba4 or openchange) when using Samba4? If not, can I have it bind as some less privileged user than Administarator?

It isn't an issue on SOGo side.
The MS AD (Samba 4 LDAP is an AD compatible implemetation) don't allow the anonymous bind. So, the answer for your question is: no, it can't.
You need to follow the Davor's suggestions - I think. You need to create a service account with no password change/expirity and it needs only the read rights of AD structure.

--
Szládovics, Péter

Onlinedemo.HU
Arthur C. Clarke