[SOGo] Private / work fax numbers are inconsistently displayed in SOGo frontend and Thunderbird addressbook

  • From: Sven Arnold < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Private / work fax numbers are inconsistently displayed in SOGo frontend and Thunderbird addressbook
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:23:28 +0100

Dear All,

while investigating a problem where a fax number entered in SOGo was not correctly synced to my Android phone (probably because the Samsung editor could not map a plain fax number to one of the options "Fax zuhause" or "Fax dienstlich" I discovered an incosistency that leads to a feature request.

** Problem **

I entered a simple contact "John Doe" in android with numbers for fax @work (555555555) and fax @home (numbers 5556666666) and synchronized this with SOGo (using CardDAV sync).

As a result in SOGo the contact details show the fax number 555555555 (work fax) whereas in Thunderbird addressbook the other fax number (5556666666) is displayed.

** Comments / Feature wish **

In the SOGo Webfrontend I can display the contacts raw data which is (correctly):

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
TEL;TYPE=WORK;TYPE=FAX:555555555
FN:John Doe
UID:ebf19be0-7b49-47d2-a61a-db8d4c351bbf
TEL;TYPE=HOME;TYPE=FAX:5556666666
N:Doe;John;;;
PRODID:-//dmfs.org//mimedir.vcard//EN
REV:20140103T153645Z
END:VCARD

Besides this inconsistency I would love it if SOGo would be able to distinguish working and home fax numbers. Would it be possible to add this to the Web UI?

I understand that the SOGo Web UI aims to be identical to the thunderbird frontend. What I do not know is if the addressbook belongs completely to thunderbird or if it is modified by the sogo addons.

But even if it is not possible to change this in thunderbird I would prefer if in SOGo there would be an additional field to distinguish work and home fax numbers.

As a side effect this would probably solve my synchronization problem with Android (Samsung).

Best regards,

Sven

  • [SOGo] Private / work fax numbers are inconsistently displayed in SOGo frontend and Thunderbird addressbook, Sven Arnold, 01/03/2014